Video game by design school students wins award
on Monday,February 21,2011 21:02
There will be an interesting subsection of the upcoming Sprockets: The Toronto International Film Festival for Children and Youth - displays of video games designed by amateurs. One group of game design students who has been awarded with the chance to show off their game are surprised by their success, as they were faced with competition from other design schools across the country, according to The Western Star.
The freshman students had only undergone four months of training before designing the game in the span of six weeks. It is called "The Binding" and plays similar to Super Mario Brothers, so it may be most enticing to those who are looking for a game hearkening back to an old school style of play.
"We hope people have as much fun playing our game as we did making it," co-designer James Kerfont told the news source.
The product will be shown at at the exhibit Future Frames and Games, which takes place from April 5-17.
Becoming a video game designer can be a lucrative career, as the industry is quickly growing and in need of new talent. Some of the most recent research from DFC Intelligence projects the industry to be worth $44 billion in 2011, according to Edge magazine.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The goal of Coleman University is to provide a program of superior undergraduate and graduate education for IT professionals.
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.