Traditional photography celebrated at NH art exhibit
on Tuesday,February 22,2011 20:02
A photography exhibit in Manchester, New Hampshire, will be open until March 6. All of the photos were taken by artists Margaret Merritt and Susan Lirakis, according to The Citizen of Laconia.
Among other things, Lirakis touched on what photography meant to her and how important it was to her in her childhood.
"I think it was one of those happy accidents where someone handed me a camera and a I took to it," she told the news source. "Since I didn't talk a lot when I was little, it was a fun way to express myself."
She continues to use a traditional camera today, because she says that she believes real film has more depth than the pixels found in digital photos. One recent graduate of a fine arts program, Takuya Yoshida, called the pictures "spiritual."
Merritt, a former teacher at Wellesley College, discovered her passion after taking a class in Japan hand papermaking. Now, she does prints of her nature photographs.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states that there were 152,000 professional photographers in 2008. More than half were self-employed. There are many specialty positions in the field as well.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.