Designs of Alexander McQueen to be displayed at New Yorks Metropolitan Museum
on Tuesday,February 22,2011 20:02
In May, the diverse and acclaimed fashion designs of the late Alexander McQueen will be on display in New York City at the Metropolitan Museum, according to The Guardian.
His pieces will be arranged by category and theme, instead of chronology. There will be more than 100 items on display. Pieces will range from his 1994 Nihilism collection to the posthumous Angels & Demons outfits, which were exhibited in 2010. From the McQueen tartan to the Kate Moss dancing hologram, all of the key points of the designer's career will be open for admirers to visit.
"His work fits so easily within the discourse of art," Thomas Campbell, director of the Met museum, told the news provider. "He can be considered no less than an artist whose medium of expression was fashion."
Fashion designer Stella McCartney will co-chair the exhibit. Sarah Burton, McQueen's associate of 14 years and now president of his label, will also attend the event.
Alexander McQueen's fashion designs had won him numerous awards throughout the years - including four British Designer of the Year awards and the Council of Fashion Designers of America's International Designer of the Year.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.