Designs of Alexander McQueen to be displayed at New Yorks Metropolitan Museum
on Tuesday,February 22,2011 20:02
In May, the diverse and acclaimed fashion designs of the late Alexander McQueen will be on display in New York City at the Metropolitan Museum, according to The Guardian.
His pieces will be arranged by category and theme, instead of chronology. There will be more than 100 items on display. Pieces will range from his 1994 Nihilism collection to the posthumous Angels & Demons outfits, which were exhibited in 2010. From the McQueen tartan to the Kate Moss dancing hologram, all of the key points of the designer's career will be open for admirers to visit.
"His work fits so easily within the discourse of art," Thomas Campbell, director of the Met museum, told the news provider. "He can be considered no less than an artist whose medium of expression was fashion."
Fashion designer Stella McCartney will co-chair the exhibit. Sarah Burton, McQueen's associate of 14 years and now president of his label, will also attend the event.
Alexander McQueen's fashion designs had won him numerous awards throughout the years - including four British Designer of the Year awards and the Council of Fashion Designers of America's International Designer of the Year.
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.