Hong Kong exhibit recognizes six pieces of jewelry with awards
on Monday,February 28,2011 14:09
In celebration of the upcoming season, a recent Hong Kong jewelry contest awarded six beautiful pieces that complemented the theme "The Glory of Spring," according to Diamonds.net. They will be on display at an upcoming exhibit in March and were chosen among more than 370 entries. Each one was judged for innovation, creativity, aesthetics and marketability, among other factors.
First place went to Cheng Chan Man Chi's design for her bracelet, Spring Vitality, which won first place and was awarded the "Best of Show Award" and the "Craftsmanship & Technology Award." The piece features silver and pearls that are meant to capture spring's emerging flowers and blooming life.
Second place was awarded to a timepiece created by designer Lieh Ka Man. Titled The Shadow of Butterflies, the piece was created to reflect the flapping of butterfly wings. Third place went to the Seed ring, which displayed a number of nature scenes that represented Spring scenery.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that more than half of jewelers are self-employed. As of 2008, there were 52,100 precious stone workers in 2008 and prospects for future employment of skilled and custom jewelers has been deemed "favorable."
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.