Vancouver resident Daniel Meloche named Best Young Designer of BC
on Tuesday,March 01,2011 20:03
The contest for British Colombia's Best Young Designer has concluded, with Vancouver's Daniel Meloche winning the title, according to BCLocalNews.com.
Meloche is an interior designer who earned his degree at the Art Institute of Vancouver. He was chosen from a total of six finalists. The prestigious prize offers him a choice - Meloche can either fly to New York City on an all-expense paid trip to Architectural Digest's Home Design Show or be reimbursed with the cash equivalent for the prize.
"I am overwhelmed and thankful for the honor," he told the news provider. "The competition was not only a great test of skill, but also a test of strategy in orchestrating my design vision on budget and on time."
Each finalist was given a budget of up to $12,000 to design a two-bedroom condo or suite with a bedroom and a den in one month. The public voted for the fan favorite from January 19 to February 20.
Interior design can be a stimulating career choice. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that 71,700 people held the position in 2008 and 30 percent of them offered specialized services to clients.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Students are issued a new laptop at the beginning of their programs.
- All online services and study materials are available 24/7, with faculty available five days a week.
- All programs available online, with the MBA program offered on campus in Salt Lake City.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), with programmatic accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Approved by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2010.
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.