Industrial designs by Taiwan win six awards
on Wednesday,March 02,2011 21:03
Since 1954, the International Forum Product Design awards have included thousands of entries from all around the world. Each item is reviewed for innovative and accessible design. This year, the event took place in Hanover, Germany, according to Taiwan Today.
Fifty total awards are given to companies from different countries. One of the big winners this year was Taiwan.
"Taiwan’s number of gold winners has doubled from last year," Industrial Development Bureau Deputy Director-General Chou Neng-chuan told the news source. "This proves that products designed and branded in Taiwan are becoming more competitive internationally."
The products that won were an extra-thin folding chair, a textile for urban gardening, a mini projector, a recyclable USB drive, a diode monitor that emits light and an elastic casing for hard drives.
The SLIM chair attracted notice due to its flexible design, which allows for superior storage and safety. Other products that competed in the contest were the iPad, iPhone 4, and Sony Bravia LCD Screen.
Design awards are divided into six different categories, according to the event's website. They include communications, product, material, concept and packaging awards.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.