Students win awards for car design
on Friday,March 04,2011 21:03
The recent Car Design News-Vauxhall/Opel interactive design competition has concluded with two winners. Student Chiayuan Lu is from the UK's Coventry University and Victor Uribe is currently attending the Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan.
Lu won the contest's interior design award, while Uribe was recognized for his efforts in creating an exterior. The theme was a Lounge in Motion, which prompted students from colleges across Europe to enter. The hosts emphasized the fact that the end product should be "sculptural artistry meets German precision."
The competition attracted 898 submissions of work.
Lu's lounge was meant for parents who wanted to spend time with their children in the car. Entitled "Lounge to be together with your child," he integrated a baby chair into the rest of the backseat.
"He understood the target audience perfectly because, as a young dad, he was the target audience," judge Guy Bird said in a statement.
Interior design can be especially attractive when one decides to specialize in certain areas like Lu has. Many professionals in this industry are self-employed or work on a contractual basis, which can allow for unique flexibility, according to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.