Kanye West may be going to fashion school
on Monday,March 07,2011 20:03
While the veracity of the matter is up for debate, The Sun recently reported that Kanye West took a trip to London to visit with professor Louise Wilson, the head of the fashion design course at the Central Saints Martins College, and has applied to the school.
Wilson is known in the fashion world for her keen eye and straightforward approach. She has said that West won't be given a free pass to the college simply because of his fame, but he may have some credentials. He has worked with both Fendi and Louis Vuitton.
"Kanye spends a lot of time with fashion students and often hooks up with Central's arty pupils when he is in London," one source told the news provider.
The college's design program has hosted other musical talents before, including members of the Clash and the Sex Pistols. Famous fashion designers such as Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney have also attended the school.
However, a spokesperson for Central Saints Martins College said that the hip-hop artist never actually applied. "He visited the college last week on unrelated matters," she told MTV News.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.