Mustang will incorporate global design elements in new car
on Wednesday,March 09,2011 21:03
The Mustang may be an American automobile, but that doesn't mean that Ford won't be looking elsewhere for useful input about the design for the new car that is slated to be released in 2013 or 2014, according to Automotive News.
"It is a common process we use on every vehicle," said Derrick Kuzak, Ford's group vice president for global product development, the news source reports. "When we embark on a new product, particularly one that is all-new, it involves all of the studios. Then ...the design team [picks] the best of those themes."
In fact, Ford has been doing something similar for the past three years. Some speculate that taking note of global design demands can make a car more desirable overall, increasing both function and marketability.
A recent, international car design contest held in Milan highlights the growing trend of this process. Nearly 1,000 entries were submitted to the Car Design News-Vauxhall/Opel interactive design competition, which was themed Lounge in Motion, according to TheAutoChannel.com. Students studying different design degrees from colleges all across Europe competed. There were two winners, one for exterior design and one for interior.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.