Emma Watson teams up with Italian fashion designers
on Wednesday,March 09,2011 21:03
Harry Potter star Emma Watson has already made her mark on the fashion world, but she is now planning another venture with the Italian designers of Alberta Ferretti. The goal is to design organic clothing that is fashionable and eco-friendly, according to Fibre2Fashion.com.
She will now be associated with the Pure Threads fashion line, presumably in a move to attract more publicity to the garments. Watson's forays in the fashion world are already numerous - she was the model for Burberry's 2009 AW campaign and the S/S campaign in 2010.
Watson has lent her business savvy to fashion brand People Tree as well, as she is currently a creative consultant for the fair trade business.
Working with Alberta Ferretti may be a change of pace, as it is a much more high-end label than what Waston is used to, but she has said that she is looking forward to the opportunity, the news source reports.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has found that, in the United States, the highest number of fashion designers live in California and New York. They held 22,700 jobs in 2008. While 31 percent worked with apparel or piece good manufacturers, many were self-employed.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.