Inspiration boards can help designers who feel stuck
on Wednesday,March 09,2011 21:03
Many homeowners make it their hobby to personalize their living space - whether that means decorating a dorm room, putting up artwork in an apartment or furnishing a house. However, it can sometimes be difficult to come up with a concept that feels right.
The Kansas City Star recently suggested creating an inspiration board to help the creative thought process. This is a tool that can be used no matter what project one is attempting. It is often employed by professional designers who are just getting started on renovations.
A board's features can consist of as little as paint chips, desired colors, pictures and sketches. The important part is to have all the ideas on display in a central location, which can help keep them organized.
This could be an especially handy tool for couples who are trying to collaborate.
"Boards bring everyone to the same vision. Everything can fall into place from that moment on," design consultant Dawn Esposito told the news provider.
Interior design is a popular field that is expected to grow faster than the national average in the coming years, as many Americans may end up moving or downsizing their homes. As of 2008, there were 71,700 of these professionals.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.