Watercolor artist shares secrets and displays pieces
on Friday,March 11,2011 21:03
Artist and teacher Kay Owens will be exhibiting some of her watercolor artwork at Arts Visalia in California. She will also demonstrate key design techniques to attendees so they can incorporate them in their own pieces, according to The Visalia Times-Delta.
She has conducted workshops and been a judge in art competitions before. She is passionate about art and teaching it to a future generation of students who will be pursuing their design degrees. One of her favorite parts is discovering the potential of each individual artist.
"I want to bring out their talents and creativity," she told the news source. "They have the talent but they don't see it."
She herself attended the University of California, Santa Barbara, and graduated with a bachelor's degree in arts. She has studied underneath a number of renowned artists such as Albert Handell, Richard McDaniel and Tom Lynch.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states that 45 percent of painters are self-employed. More than 400,000 were employed in 2008 and many work for construction firms, providing wall painting for renovation and reconstruction projects. Job prospects for painters are estimated to be "excellent" in the future.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.