Samsung tries to recruit BMW designer for new smartphone
on Monday,March 14,2011 20:03
To compete in the smartphone market these days, companies first must figure out a way to outperform the massively popular iPhone. Samsung appears to be trying to do that by hiring Chris Bangle, the auto designer who is renowned for his work on the 2001 BMW 7 series, according to The Korea Herald.
No deal is confirmed yet, because many other businesses, such has Hyundai, have offered the skilled designer other incentive packages.
"Samsung has been trying to offer him an advisory job, not an exclusive contract, for a long time. The position would be determined when we forge a deal,” a spokesperson from Samsung told the news provider.
Many speculate that style is the real key element that Samsung is working to improve. Apple's products are often hailed for their savvy design, so it's no surprise that competitors are looking for ways to outdo the trademark.
If hired, Bangle will be a consultant rather than a full-time designer but Samsung may be creating a research studio in Europe for him, as well as giving him 10 researchers to manage as they work on the project, according to SmartHouse.com.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.