Sketchers creates after-school sneaker design program
on Monday,March 14,2011 20:03
After a wildly successful pilot program, when Sketchers brought 25 students to its headquarters in Manhattan Beach, California, to teach them the basics of design, Sketchers is now announcing that the initiative will be available in schools around the country.
This will not only give students the opportunity to work on creative projects after class, it may inspire them to pursue design degrees in college. Additionally, a well-designed shoe may even be produced into an actual product.
"This new partnership with Sketchers is a fantastic example of how businesses can give back to the community and make a meaningful difference to kids," said former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. "It’s so important to inspire our youth by exposing them to new, exciting opportunities. A creative career like footwear design is something most kids don’t even know about."
The program is set to begin this month and develop as more schools begin to offer it.
A fashion degree can be key to designing next-generation shoes that are comfortable and unique. The U.S. Bureau of Labor states that there were around 22,700 fashion designers in 2008 and they tend to be concentrated in coastal states like New York and California.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.