Interior designers share tips for making a unique home office
on Tuesday,March 15,2011 18:03
Amateur designers who don't have the benefit of a design degree may love to decorate but be unsure of how to begin when they are faced with a new working area. Luckily, expert Patricia Ringo recently shared some tips with The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
"A lot of the questions I get are about color," she told the news provider. "They don't know how to blend colors and transition from room to room. People have a hard time visualizing that."
For her own space, Ringo favored beautiful, reflective objects such as glass balls, which are complicated by prints of egrets.
Designer Andrea Pohl chooses to incorporate cultural elements into her office, where there are brass accents and beautiful, French pieces. She also has a Louis salon chair, which is sure to evoke images of nineteenth-century Parisian parlors. A touch of elegance and energy is brought into the room with a French glass jug that holds hydrangeas.
Employment for interior designers is expected to grow faster than the national average, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Some experts believe this trend may be in part due to the fact that many baby boomers will be looking for new homes during their golden years.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.