International design items easier to obtain in the US
on Monday,March 21,2011 20:03
For all those interested in international design, they may be elated to find out a new interior design store with international manufacturers has opened in the U.S. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, a new establishment has opened that showcases different designers from all over the world.
Claudia Mahecha and Robert Allen opened up their store, Supernatural, with the idea of making international pieces more readily available and also bring different cultural ideas together.
"I was meeting people, mostly Europeans, who were finding it difficult to hire interior designers who were a good fit with their modern aesthetic," Mahecha told the San Francisco Cronicle.
Even though the showroom is meticulously arranged, the items are available for purchase. Some of the designers showcased are Christien Meidertsma, e15, and MDF Italia.
These pieces and ideas can be a new approach for many interior designers. Especially for all the new designers looking for something to include in their style. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the availability for interior design jobs should increase 19 percent from 2008 to 2018, leaving space for new opportunities.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.