Students give pointers on design at the Woodson Art Museum
on Tuesday,March 22,2011 21:03
Design as an art and also as a utility will be showcased this week at the Woodson Art Museum in Wausau, Wisconsin. Two students from the University of Wisconsin-Madison will be teaching other degree seekers and museum patrons exactly what goes into creating beautiful and useful furniture, according to the Wausua Daily Herald.
Paul J. Lorenz, 27, and Yu-Nung Lin, 26, will demonstrate how to use computer programs and detailed instructions to create furniture. They will exhibit a hands-on approach to engage the students.
The pair will showcase their unique abilities in an attempt to keep other future designers open-minded and creative.
"My own (design) philosophy is that things should be extremely specific," said Lorenz to the Herald. "People should be able to work with designers and architects to find absolutely customized solutions."
There are many future interior designers out there and a good amount of programs to choose from. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are more than 150 schools that offer interior design degree programs that have been approved by The Council for Interior Design Accreditation.
By Rachel Smith
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.