Damaged historic courthouse in North Carolina being rebuilt
on Wednesday,March 23,2011 19:03
Those who are interested in architectural design may be interested in plans to rebuild the Chatham County Courthouse in Pittsboro, North Carolina. The historic courthouse, which was built in 1891, was severely damaged in a fire last year, reported the Correctional News.
Hobbs Architect of Pittsboro evaluated the damage of the building and will attempt to maintain as much of the original as possible. The masonry walls are still intact, which keeps the appearance preserved. There are some changes that are a necessity, for example, a new fire sprinkler system and handicap accessibility throughout the building. The goal is to start construction by the summer.
Individuals who wish obtain their architectural degree and want to help the reconstruction of other historical buildings may have the opportunity to do so in the coming years. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the amount of jobs for architects is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
By Rachel Smith
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.