High school graduate earned opportunity to design book
on Thursday,March 24,2011 18:03
Finding a job in any field, including graphic design, is difficult in this economy. Accordingly, it is important to take advantage of every opportunity. Carina Joneit of Stittsville, Canada had her chance to do so when she was asked to work alongside a professional graphic designer and create her own book, according to EMC Stittsville/Richmond.
The recent high school graduate was introduced to the job after helping out on a banner for her town. The inspirational short book, which was called Your Life... You Can Make a Choice Simplicity, took Joneit on a five-month journey through the beginning stages of graphic design to the printing process.
"I really am in awe and so grateful about the whole experience, from the moment that I was first taught how to use the software to now," she told the newspaper.
Joneit plans on attending college this fall to continue her education in graphic design. Degree seekers who are in her position have several programs around the world from which to choose. In the U.S. alone, there are nearly 300 institutions that have been approved by The National Association of Schools of Art and Design, according the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
By Emma Hurley
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.