Elementary school teacher uses graphic design background to spread message
on Friday,April 01,2011 19:04
A physical education teacher for Glen Acres Elementary School in West Chester, Pennsylvania believes that public schools has been put in a negative light in recent months, and she decided to attempt to change that. Graphic design students may be interested to know how this teacher, whose name is Andrea Bornino, got her statement across by designing a T-shirt, JC Online reports.
Bornino's design summarized why she is proud to be a pubic educator. She started with 20 T-shirts, which quickly grew in demand and expanded to surrounding school districts. A local graphic design company decided to help produce the shirts. Now every Friday, the entire staff of the elementary school wears them, according to the website.
Individuals who are seeking graphic design degrees and wish to express their beliefs through design may want to start looking for an institute. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design accredits almost 300 schools, and there are a significant amount of programs for graphic design in these institutions, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
By: Lawrence Thaler
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.