Experts The color honeysuckle is the new trend in home decorating in 2011
on Friday,April 01,2011 18:04
Honeysuckle is the color for interior designers to utilize this spring, experts suggest. The reddish-pink vibrant color is popping up in living rooms, offices and bedrooms across the country. It has taken the place of the color turquoise, which dominated home decor last year, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal.
Leatrice Eiseman, director of the Pantone Color Institute, suggested to the newspaper that the color can "add a lively flair to interior spaces with honeysuckle-patterned pillows, bedspreads, small appliances and tabletop accessories."
The designer added that she believes the color can complement different shades of blues, greens and oranges, and can enhance any room. Eiseman explained that it is also possible to incorporate it using honeysuckle-accented wallpaper or by painting an accent wall that color.
Individuals who are interested in pursuing a career as an interior designer may want to incorporate the latest trends into their style. That outlook coupled with strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently may result in a job in this field, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
By: Jasmine Bennett
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.