Elle Macpherson expected to host new fashion design show
on Tuesday,April 12,2011 23:04
A new competition series that will focus on fashion design is set to debut during the 2011-2012 season. The new show, which will be called Fashion Star, will be airing on NBC and will be hosted by Elle Macpherson, who is known for her modeling career, according to the Beverly Hills Courier.
The competition will include 12 prospective fashion designers on their quest to have their collection sold at one of the most successful retail stores, which is expected to be released when the show begins. The contestants will have to design everything from dresses and denim to lingerie and shoes, and each week's winning design will be on sale to viewers, the news source reports.
The producers of the show are Ben Silverman, Jane Lipstiz and Dan Cutforth. Lipstiz and Cutforth also produce Project Runway and Top Chef.
Fashion design students can expect keen competition when entering this field after graduation. In addition, they may earn up to $62,000, which was the average annual salary for these professionals in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.