Conference draws designers from all over Ohio
on Wednesday,April 13,2011 22:04
Prospective designers or professionals in the field may be traveling to Cincinnati, Ohio for the Industrial Designers Society of America conference this weekend, according to cincinnati.com.
There will be four keynote speakers at the conference, who will each be discussing how industrial design has evolved into several different branches. According to the media outlet, industrial designers are now creating medical devices or computer applications. However, there are still distinctive differences between this and other types of design.
"Industrial designers think about how people use things. That's very different than a graphic designer thinking about messaging to people," said John Devanney, who is a keynote speaker at the conference and works for the design company Moment in New York, to the news source.
Industrial design students who are hoping to find a position in this field when they graduate may have favorable prospects. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job market for individuals in this field is expected to increase by 30 percent between the years 2008 and 2018.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.