French designer suing for allegedly using trademarked design
on Thursday,April 14,2011 22:04
French designer Christian Louboutin filed a lawsuit against Yves Saint Laurent last week. Louboutin is accusing Yves Saint Laurent of trademark infringement for designing shoes with a red sole, which is Louboutin's signature accent and has been for the past 19 years, according to ABC News.
The designer trademarked the glossy red sole, which is located on the outside of the shoe, at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 1997. Yves Saint Laurent has included the red-soled shoes in this year's spring collection, along with shoes that have green and purple soles. The news source reports that Louboutin believes that since these shoes are offered at a significantly cheaper price, it devalues his design.
"Defendants' use of a red sole on their infringing footwear threatens to mislead the public, and has impaired plaintiffs' ability to control their reputation," Louboutin said in the complaint, according to the media outlet.
The salary of a fashion designers varies dramatically. Recent graduates may earn a very low annual amount until they establish themselves. In 2008, the median salary for fashion designers was nearly $62,000 but the highest annual salaries were more than $125,000, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.