Local graphic designers logo wins school contest
on Friday,April 22,2011 21:04
A high school in Crystal Lake, Illinois developed a contest to find its next school logo. Nearly 50 submissions were accounted for and the winning logo was created by a local graphic designer, according to the Chicago Tribune.
The 32-year-old designer, Michael Ullrich, decided to participate in the competition because he has nieces and nephews that will be attending Crystal Lake South High School in the upcoming years. His design was an alligator looking intensely over the word "gators", and the only visible part of the alligator is the eyes, the Tribune reports.
"I am very happy with both the outcome of the logo contest and the process used to get there," superintendent Jill Hawk told the news source.
Before the contest, the school was using the University of Florida's trademark design and last year they were told they were no longer able to use it.
A graphic designer's job is to relay a message in the most effective way through electronic media. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, these professionals can design for magazines, newspapers, journals, reports, logos and displays.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.