Design students offered the chance to travel to Milan
on Monday,April 25,2011 22:04
There are unique historical designs all over the world. Some designers gain inspiration from them and others learn about the history of their profession by examining structures and buildings. Interior design students from British Columbia may get to see the history for themselves by traveling to Milan this September, according to the Daily Gleaner.
These students, who are from the Centre for Arts and Technology, are hosting a series of fundraisers starting next weekend to raise enough money to take the trip. Some of the events include photography sessions in which individuals who participate by getting their photos taken will have to pay $25 to receive all of their prints, according to the news source.
The trip will include tours of certain famous historical places, such as, the Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Piazza Duomo.
Interior design students can expect to earn nearly $45,000, which was the average annual salary in 2008, when they complete their degree in this field, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.