Macys welcomes new designer in time for spring
on Monday,April 25,2011 22:04
Macy's welcomes new designer in time for spring
Fashion designer Matthew Williamson is bringing his colorful style to Macy's this spring, according to The Associated Press. The British designer showed off his vision during Fashion Week and at his store in New York, and now he is bringing his designs mainstream.
According to the new source, Williamson's line is bold and intended to stick out in the party scene. These dresses and outfits are not meant for the workplace, but rather spring events. The styles include a purple one-shoulder maxi dress and a colored bubbled dress with a keyhole placed on the chest.
"These are clothes to get noticed," Williamson said to the news source. "They are highly colored, highly printed."
Williamson adds that he is looking forward to styling individuals who want to wear his designs on the spot.
Prospective fashion designers may earn an annual salary of $61,000, which was the median salary for professionals in this field in 2008, according to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, some individuals may earn a good deal more, the top 10 percent of earners in this field earned more than $125,000 that year.
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.