Radford University class named one of top 10 design programs
on Monday,April 25,2011 22:04
DesignIntelligence, a national trade magazine, has recently announced its top 10 architecture and design school programs in the United States. One of which is Radford University's Department of Interior Design and Fashion (ID&F), which won for best interior design program.
"It’s extremely difficult to make that list," said the interim chair of ID&F, Holly Cline. "Words cannot describe how shocked, proud and amazed we are that we got this ranking."
Cline and the other university administrators believe that they received this recognition because of some of the unique features of Radford's program. For instance, they explain that they only accept the best individuals who apply and they have no cap on how many students can join. Therefore, if there are 16 students who qualify, they will accept all 16.
In addition, the classes for these interior design students are quite small, allowing opportunities for one-on-one student and professor interaction. Graduate students do not teach the classes either, only professionals.
Radford University is located in Southwest Virginia and offers nearly 70 degree programs to its 9,000 students.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.