Fashion design competition announces the top 10 finalists
on Monday,April 25,2011 22:04
Fashion design students across the country have the opportunity to intern for New York-based designer Mara Hoffman as she prepares for her show at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami on May 18. Skintimate Studios sponsored the contest, which is called the Ready for Everything Sweepstakes, to seek out the next generation of designers. Contestants entered their styles and ideas that corresponded with the competition's theme, Ready for Everything.
The contest has moved onto the next phase as the 10 finalists have been chosen by a panel of judges. Now, individuals have the opportunity to vote for each of the designers on the Skintimate website to determine the winner.
"These top 10 women are extremely talented," said Hoffman. "I encourage America to look closely at each of their designs and select one that they feel embodies the 'Ready for Everything' theme."
Only one of the finalists will win the chance to work with Hoffman. However, the other nine designers will be given a prize package that will contain an assortment of items a fashion designer may need to start her career.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.