Students visit baseball park to discover more about graphic design
on Tuesday,April 26,2011 22:04
Students from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, were able to learn a bit more about graphic design as they traveled to the Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio, according to Cincinnati-based news channel WXIX-TV.
The field trip to the stadium was intended to show the students how graphic design effects a baseball team franchise, and how that is incorporated into the many companies and businesses that graphic designers work for. They delved into the creative process along with how to adjust to deadlines, and how to adapt in the industry, according to the news source.
The field trip included a tour of the stadium and the Hall of Fame. In the Hall of Fame, the tour guide explained how each of the designs and logos were developed. They also were able to attend a question and answer forum with the Cincinnati Reds creative department manager, the media outlet reports.
Graphic design students can expect to earn approximately $42,000 when they enter the field after graduation, which was the average annual salary for individuals in this profession in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.