Students and retail store work together in fashion event
on Wednesday,April 27,2011 22:04
The fashion design students of the Centre for Arts and Technology in Kelowna, British Columbia, are teaming up with local store BroSista to highlight important styles before summer hits.
The night starts off with a show and a close-out sale follows, which means that all items must be sold. The fashion show will showcase the new styles and trends of the upcoming summer season. The event will also feature retail items that will be offered at a discounted price. BroSista, which as been a successful store for the past six years, is using the event as a form of customer appreciation. For the students, it is a learning experience to understand how to operate a fashion show.
The clothing that will be on sale will include brands such as Mek Denim, English Laundry, Pink Martini and Parasuco.
The school has three locations in Canada including Kelowna, Halifax and Fredericton. It focuses on digital media and has degrees for animation, digital media design, interior design, network security and 3D Animation along with fashion design and merchandising.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.