Versace discusses the pressure from the singers who are becoming fashion designers
on Friday,April 29,2011 19:04
Famous Italian fashion designer Donatella Versace talks about the impact of singers and actresses becoming designers and how it effects professionals in her field. She believes that the reason that singers and actresses' designs are popular is not due to creativity but because of the marketing of the products, according to the Reuters.
"Some of these collections are for cheaper, mass market fashion," Versace said to the news source. "I don't think that creativity is there."
Versace has been a designer for 20 years is the creative director of the Versace company, that was originally her brothers until he passed in 1997.
Prospective fashion designers may earn up to $62,000 in a design firm, which was the average annual salary in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the individuals who are well known internationally and work for themselves can make a great deal more. The top ten percent of fashion designers in 2008 made an annual salary of over $125,000.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.