Washington University students design a tree house
on Tuesday,May 03,2011 01:05
Architecture students from Washington University had the opportunity to design their own tree house. The four undergrads are one of nine teams that will be showcased at the Missouri Botanical Garden this Saturday, according to Student Life.
The four seniors created a tree house that was made around a ginkgo tree, it was about 25 feet in diameter and about eight feet tall. The design was visually appealing for individuals walking through the pathways up the tree, and it also showed different facts about trees, which incorporated an educational aspect, the media outlet reports.
"The fact that we followed through on this was very fulfilling," said one of the designers to the news source. "It was a great experience for us to apply what we learned and what skills we developed into a real world setting."
Prospective architects may have a good chance of obtaining a job when they graduate from school. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of professionals in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.