Fashion design helps charity
on Wednesday,May 04,2011 22:05
Fashion Forward, which will be hosted by the Time Out New York Lounge, is a series of fashion shows that will raise money for the Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS (DIFFA). There will be an event each Wednesday in May, according to Broadway World.
These shows will feature creations from various local fashion designers in a competition. Each night there will be a winner and all of the clothing will be auctioned off at the end of the night. There will also be performances and appearances by celebrities including Tituss Burgess from 30 Rock, and Reichen Lehmkuhl, who is on the A-List. Every week there will be new hosts, according to the news source.
Along with the auctioned items, DIFFA will also receive contributions from the $5 entrance fee that individuals who attend the shows will be charged.
According to the Times Square Chronicles, there will be winners each week that are chosen by the audience. At the final show, designers from each week will be able to showcase a couple of their creations, but they can only use pre-owned materials and spend $20 on each.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.