French design company announces new designer
on Monday,May 16,2011 22:05
Chloe, a French fashion design company, announced that they have decided to switch their top designers. Hannah MacGibbon's contract was not renewed after three years, and now they are taking a chance on Clare Waight Keller, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Keller, who previously worked for Gucci and Ralph Lauren, is expected to completely revamp and help the fashion design label. Executives are hoping that Keller will help the label to the reputation that it had five years ago with Phoebe Philo, who now designs for Celine, the newspaper reports.
"Fashion is not just about having a creative talent in the studio but also about communicating it," Geoffroy de la Bourdonnaye, the chief executive at the company, told the news source.
This is the second designer in the past five years at Chloe, which is a part of the luxury-goods company Cie.
Chloe is not the only designer that is switching fashion designers. Christian Dior also fired their top designer due to allegedly racist outbursts and there has yet to be a replacement, according to the Guardian.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.