Olsen twins earn nomination for fashion design award
on Wednesday,May 18,2011 01:05
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have been slowly establishing themselves as fashion designers over the years and now may be on the brink of earning industry honor. Their luxury-design label, The Row, was recently nominated for the Council of Fashion Designers of America's (CFDA) award in the womans wear category, according to the CFDA's website.
The Row, which was established in 2007, is aimed toward an older generation and is known for its simple elegance, according to the Independent.
"[The twins] offer beautifully made pieces with an emphasis on clean lines and refined cuts, and have become one of the must-have labels for those in the know," Holli Rogers, the buying director for the online retail store, Net-a-Porter's, told the news source.
The twins will find out if they were selected for the award next month.
Many celebrity fashion designers have received criticism from the public and professionals in the industry. According to US Magazine, it was not any easier for the Olsen twins when they started out. The two designers reportedly told the magazine that retailers did not take them seriously and it took an extended period of time for them to gain respect.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.