National canal design contest winner announced
on Sunday,May 22,2011 23:05
Cadence, an eco-friendly architectural company, recently won for its design of the West Esplanade Drainage Canal in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
The firm, which designs different projects in Florida, Louisiana and the Bahamas, was one of 18 in the competition. The companies were asked to transform the 2.4 mile section of Jefferson Parish into an environmentally friendly area.
Cadence, based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, decided to revamp the area with six key ideas, which were beautify, re-purpose, implement, define, grow and engage. Gage Couch, the firm's co-founder, said those ideas and the were the driving force behind the successful architectural design.
"We are honored by this recognition and were excited by the opportunity to develop a design that is equal parts environmentally, economically and socially viable," he said.
Even though the company is based in Florida, one of the owners, Rebecca Bradley, is originally from Louisiana. Bradley explained this recognition was even more appreciated because it was for her home state.
The company was not only honored for its design but was also awarded $30,000.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.