National canal design contest winner announced
on Sunday,May 22,2011 23:05
Cadence, an eco-friendly architectural company, recently won for its design of the West Esplanade Drainage Canal in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
The firm, which designs different projects in Florida, Louisiana and the Bahamas, was one of 18 in the competition. The companies were asked to transform the 2.4 mile section of Jefferson Parish into an environmentally friendly area.
Cadence, based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, decided to revamp the area with six key ideas, which were beautify, re-purpose, implement, define, grow and engage. Gage Couch, the firm's co-founder, said those ideas and the were the driving force behind the successful architectural design.
"We are honored by this recognition and were excited by the opportunity to develop a design that is equal parts environmentally, economically and socially viable," he said.
Even though the company is based in Florida, one of the owners, Rebecca Bradley, is originally from Louisiana. Bradley explained this recognition was even more appreciated because it was for her home state.
The company was not only honored for its design but was also awarded $30,000.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.