National canal design contest winner announced
on Sunday,May 22,2011 23:05
Cadence, an eco-friendly architectural company, recently won for its design of the West Esplanade Drainage Canal in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
The firm, which designs different projects in Florida, Louisiana and the Bahamas, was one of 18 in the competition. The companies were asked to transform the 2.4 mile section of Jefferson Parish into an environmentally friendly area.
Cadence, based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, decided to revamp the area with six key ideas, which were beautify, re-purpose, implement, define, grow and engage. Gage Couch, the firm's co-founder, said those ideas and the were the driving force behind the successful architectural design.
"We are honored by this recognition and were excited by the opportunity to develop a design that is equal parts environmentally, economically and socially viable," he said.
Even though the company is based in Florida, one of the owners, Rebecca Bradley, is originally from Louisiana. Bradley explained this recognition was even more appreciated because it was for her home state.
The company was not only honored for its design but was also awarded $30,000.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.