High school fashion design students host show
on Monday,May 30,2011 17:05
Fashion design students in high school will be showing off their styles at a local show in Illinois, according to the Journal and Courier.
Maria Paolillo is one of the designers featured in this year's exhibition. She is a senior at Jefferson High School in Rockford, Illinois, and did not see fashion as a part of her life until she modeled.
"That's where I first started, and then I just somehow started making clothes," Paolillo told the news source about the experience. "It's just been such a good experience. This is where I see my life going."
Nine students will be showcasing their work, which has been compiled over the academic year, at the show this weekend, the media outlet reports.
Individuals who are interested in starting a career as a fashion designers when they graduate from their institutions will meet keen competition in the field. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is a wide range of fashion design jobs but professionals can expect to make around $61,000 a year, which was the median annual salary in 2008.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.