UVA builds new design and health center
on Thursday,June 02,2011 23:06
The University of Virginia School of Architecture has recently announced their launch of a new Center for Design and Health, according to the school's website.
The goal of this center is to bring together designers and health professionals, and find a way for both the community and its patients to live in a healthy environment. It is expected to bring the community and faculty together along with giving an outlet for research and other studies to take place, according to the media outlet.
"City planners and urban designers rarely understand, or have systemically studied, the long-term health effects of their work," Timothy Beatley, the Teresa Heinz Professor of Sustainable Communities in the School of Architecture, told the news source. "The activities of the center in focusing on the measurable health effects of, say, green features such as trees, community gardens, trails and nearby nature, will help to change that."
Individuals who are interested in architecture design may want to know wha the job market will look like after graduating from design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.