Lady Gaga to receive fashion award
on Thursday,June 02,2011 23:06
The pop singer Lady Gaga, who is known for her pop lyrics and insane fashion sense, is now being honored by the Council of Fashion Designers in American (CFDA), according to the Toronto Sun.
The CFDA is one of the most prestigious fashion design awards, and this honor will be presented to Gaga, who has been seen in outlandish outfits such as lobster hats and an outfit decked out in Kermit the Frog puppets, at the Fashion Awards in New York City on June 6. She will be receiving the Fashion Icon Award, according to the news source.
Other stars will be attending this event including Kanye West, who will be presenting during the ceremony.
Prospective fashion designers may want to know how much they can earn as a professional in this field. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, individuals in this field make more than $61,000, which was the average median annual salary in 2008. However, the top 10 percent of professionals made over $124,000 in the same year.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.