RISD holds commencement this past weekend
on Tuesday,June 07,2011 01:06
One of the most prestigious design schools in the country, Rhode Island School of Design, held their commencement this past weekend. The speaker for this year's graduation was industrial designer Bill Moggridge, according to the Boston Globe.
Moggridge, who designed the first laptop computer in 1981, spoke this past Saturday at the Rhode Island Convention Center in Providence. There were 181 graduate students and 482 undergraduates that will now enter the design industry, according to the media outlet.
The graduates also received an Artrepreneur Kit, which has items and tools to help them start their careers by creating an online portfolio. Also in the kit was a mobile credit card processor so they can sell their work wherever they are, the news source reports.
According to the Providence Journal, this was also the last commencement for the dean of the school, Dawn Barrett. She will now take her career to the next level as she becomes the president of the
Barrett told the Journal that an art education is "not the icing on the cake. It is the cake."
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.