CFDA awards held Monday night
on Tuesday,June 07,2011 22:06
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) held its annuals awards, which was hosted by CNN's Anderson Cooper, this past Monday.
The CFDA honored several designers in the fashion industry including Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for womenswear designer of the year for their line Proenza Schouler . In addition, Alexander Wang won accessory designer of the year, and Michael Bastian for menswear designer.
The well known Swarovski awards, which are given to newcomers who are breaking out in the industry, were given to three different up and coming designers.
Some of the presenters included Naomi Watts, Gerard Butler and Sofia Coppola.
Marc Jacobs was also honored with the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award for his impact on the fashion world.
"The spirit of American fashion was evident at the CFDA Fashion Awards," said Steven Kolb, the executive director of these awards. "Tonight we came together as an industry in support of each other."
The CFDA awards is one of the most prestigious recognition ceremonies. There are approximately 375 members of this council in the fashion industry. Prospective fashion designers will most likely strive for such recognition during their careers in this field.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.