CFDA awards held Monday night
on Tuesday,June 07,2011 22:06
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) held its annuals awards, which was hosted by CNN's Anderson Cooper, this past Monday.
The CFDA honored several designers in the fashion industry including Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for womenswear designer of the year for their line Proenza Schouler . In addition, Alexander Wang won accessory designer of the year, and Michael Bastian for menswear designer.
The well known Swarovski awards, which are given to newcomers who are breaking out in the industry, were given to three different up and coming designers.
Some of the presenters included Naomi Watts, Gerard Butler and Sofia Coppola.
Marc Jacobs was also honored with the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award for his impact on the fashion world.
"The spirit of American fashion was evident at the CFDA Fashion Awards," said Steven Kolb, the executive director of these awards. "Tonight we came together as an industry in support of each other."
The CFDA awards is one of the most prestigious recognition ceremonies. There are approximately 375 members of this council in the fashion industry. Prospective fashion designers will most likely strive for such recognition during their careers in this field.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.