Pittsburgh and Las Vegas firms team up
on Wednesday,June 08,2011 22:06
Michael Baker Corporation from Pittsburgh recently has acquired a Las Vegas architecture company, which focuses on health care, hospitals and other commercial buildings, called JMA Architects of Las Vegas, according to the Las Vegas Review Journal.
"Joining Baker will result in improved services for our clients and more opportunities for our people," Tom Schoeman, president of JMA Architects, told the news source.
The president of the Pittsburgh company, Brad Mallory, believes that this will further their company into designing more health care and education buildings, according to the media outlet.
JMA, which was founded in 1945, has a few impressive buildings on their resume including Las Vegas Market Center, Las Vegas Town Hall and Valley View Casino Hotel, the news provider reports.
Individuals who are thinking about entering the architecture design field may want to know how much they will earn. Professionals in this field earned around $70,000, which was the median annual salary for architects in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In addition, employment in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent from 2008 to 2018.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.