Graphic design student earns prestigious award
on Wednesday,June 08,2011 22:06
Christopher Azar of Tiverton and Bristol, Rhode Island, recently was honored with the Edmund C. Arnold Award, which is named after the man that is considered the creator of modern newspaper design, from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, according to the Bristol-Warren Patch.
This prestigious award is given to sophomores and juniors who major in graphic design, newspaper, online journalism, photojournalism and magazine, and Azar is a graphic design major at the university, the Patch reports.
"I'm a web designer by nature," Azar told the news source. "I'm really interested in innovative news design."
This summer Azar has an internship with the Washington Post Company's WaPo Labs.
Prospective graphic designers may want to know the job market will look like after they graduate from their programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in this field is expected to increase by 13 percent between 2008 and 2018. Therefore, these graphic design students may be able to obtain a job and start their career.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.