Fox anchor offers contest to design his bow tie
on Friday,June 10,2011 15:06
Cincinnati Fox sports anchor Ken Rosenthal has set up a contest for the residents of the city to design his bow tie, which he will be wearing at his weekly segment of "Fox Saturday Baseball Game of the Week"
Rosenthal will be wearing a different bow tie each Saturday of the regular season for the Dhani's Jones' Bow Tie Cause initiative.
The deadline for submission is this Saturday, and the top 32 will be entered into the Bow Ties for the Troops Tournament. The event will start on June 17, and people will be able to vote on their favorite.
Dhani told the news source that "all submitted designs will be sent to our U.S. military personnel overseas to let them know we're thinking of them."
The winning design will be worn by Rosenthal on the last Saturday of the regular season, September 24, the media outlet reports.
Prospective fashion designers are expected to meet keen competition when they graduate from their degree programs and enter the field, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Therefore, entering and possibly winning contests such as this may give the applicant a leg up.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.