DuPont Corp announces award winners
on Wednesday,June 15,2011 02:06
It was recently announced that the top DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation went to Ecovative Design for their biodegradable mushroom packaging, according to the Business Review.
The design and the company received the highest honor, the Diamond Award. There were eight companies who received the Silver Award and six that were honored with the Gold Award, according to the media outlet.
This marks the 23rd year for this award ceremony, and the technology that was honored is unique, as mushrooms roots were used for insulation.
The new design and technology has won several awards before this as well including Technology Pioneer at the World Economic Forum, the news source reports.
According to Plastic News, the winners are based off of customer reviews.
"The nominees and winners this year show how sustainability considerations are driving innovation," Shanna Moore, global director of sustainability at DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers, said, according to the news source. "We see how sustainability takes many shapes -- ranging from use of organic or renewably sourced materials to the relentless drive to reduce waste and weight."
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.