Interior designer shares insight on home office design
on Wednesday,June 15,2011 02:06
Employers who work from home tend to not have a lavish home office. However, it may be the key ingredient to make someone work harder and be more productive. An interior designer from Philadelphia shares a couple tips for creating a home office.
Donna Hoffman believes that people need to start thinking about putting things in their office that they find aesthetically pleasing. It is also important to remember that function comes first, including any area for kids to play while keeping an eye on them or a coffee machine. Doors must be closed, otherwise, people will find themselves back at their desk.
"Today's high performance virtual executive craves better life balance, which now includes home work environments that are not only high function, but also high octane for enhanced productivity, and high pleasure for enhanced focus, creativity and satisfaction. In other words, a computer, a swivel chair and writing desk just don't cut it," Hoffman said.
Prospective interior designers may have the chance to land a job once they graduate from their programs. According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in this field is expected to increase by 19 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Interior Design (MFA)
- Interior Design (D)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.