Lane Bryant announces third annual fashion week
on Wednesday,June 15,2011 02:06
Retail store Lane Bryant will be hosting its third annual full figure fashion week in New York City from June 16th to 18th. The event, which includes a cocktail party, a conference and a fashion show, focuses on the styles and creations for plus-size women across the country.
"We are excited to be a part of Full Figured Fashion Week again this year. It's an important and exciting opportunity to highlight the nation's top curvy designers and retailers, and celebrate fashion's ability to empower us," said Jay Dunn, Vice President of Marketing for Lane Bryant.
Dunn adds that the show also displays the newest trends and creations, and also promotes how to maintain a healthy body image, no matter what size a woman is.
Individuals who are interested in fashion design as their career may want to know how much they will earn. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for professionals in this field in 2008 was around $61,000. However, the top ten percent earned more than $125,000.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.