Scottish Fashion Awards winners released
on Friday,June 17,2011 04:06
The Scottish Fashion Awards took place this past Wedneday to honor the individuals who succeeded and excelled in the fashion industry, according to FemaleFirst.
The award show, which was hosted by MTV's Laura Whirmore, honored Tall Lennox, Henry Holland and a few others. The big award went to photographer Rankin, who received the Hall of Fame 2011 Award, the news source reports.
"Tonight we have witnessed an impressive showcase of Scottish fashion talent, working in their respective fields around the world," said the founder Tessa Hartmann. "From our most prominent textile manufacturers, to leading designers, models, fashion innovators and educators, it's a list that would stand its ground against the world's biggest fashion capitals - all Scottish, all flying our fashionable flag."
Individuals who are interested in fashion design may want to know that when they enter their desired career field, they will experience keen competition, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. But it may be worth it, the median annual salary for professionals in this field in 2008 was just over $61,000.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.