Scottish Fashion Awards winners released
on Friday,June 17,2011 04:06
The Scottish Fashion Awards took place this past Wedneday to honor the individuals who succeeded and excelled in the fashion industry, according to FemaleFirst.
The award show, which was hosted by MTV's Laura Whirmore, honored Tall Lennox, Henry Holland and a few others. The big award went to photographer Rankin, who received the Hall of Fame 2011 Award, the news source reports.
"Tonight we have witnessed an impressive showcase of Scottish fashion talent, working in their respective fields around the world," said the founder Tessa Hartmann. "From our most prominent textile manufacturers, to leading designers, models, fashion innovators and educators, it's a list that would stand its ground against the world's biggest fashion capitals - all Scottish, all flying our fashionable flag."
Individuals who are interested in fashion design may want to know that when they enter their desired career field, they will experience keen competition, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. But it may be worth it, the median annual salary for professionals in this field in 2008 was just over $61,000.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.