San Francisco designer incorporates historical decor
on Tuesday,June 28,2011 00:06
There are many different tools that an interior designer keeps in mind when styling a new place. Allison Caccoma, who designs waterfront property in San Francisco, discussed a couple of tips on how to incorporate old style with modern.
Caccoma achieves this collaboration by using historical wall coverings. This large print can showcase an image from the past, and also add depth to a room. Adding metallics or animal prints can bring the necessary modern twist to a space. Bright colors are another way to go to incorporate both the new and the old.
Caccoma was once working on Wall Street until she discovered her affection for interior design, and started her company in 2006.
"I fell in love with interior design very quickly and discovered a passion I never realized I had," said Caccoma.
Individuals who are in programs educating them on becoming interior designers can earn nearly $45,000 after graduation, which was the median annual salary for professionals in this field in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.