San Francisco designer incorporates historical decor
on Tuesday,June 28,2011 00:06
There are many different tools that an interior designer keeps in mind when styling a new place. Allison Caccoma, who designs waterfront property in San Francisco, discussed a couple of tips on how to incorporate old style with modern.
Caccoma achieves this collaboration by using historical wall coverings. This large print can showcase an image from the past, and also add depth to a room. Adding metallics or animal prints can bring the necessary modern twist to a space. Bright colors are another way to go to incorporate both the new and the old.
Caccoma was once working on Wall Street until she discovered her affection for interior design, and started her company in 2006.
"I fell in love with interior design very quickly and discovered a passion I never realized I had," said Caccoma.
Individuals who are in programs educating them on becoming interior designers can earn nearly $45,000 after graduation, which was the median annual salary for professionals in this field in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Students are issued a new laptop at the beginning of their programs.
- All online services and study materials are available 24/7, with faculty available five days a week.
- All programs available online, with the MBA program offered on campus in Salt Lake City.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), with programmatic accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Approved by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2010.
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.